EPJ Nonlinear Biomedical Physics: A new Open Access journal is launched
- Published on 15 May 2013
The publishers of EPJ are pleased to announce the launch of a new Open Access journal: EPJ Nonlinear Biomedical Physics. A Commentary and two Research papers are already available.
This new peer-reviewed journal will promote and disseminate new research in the field of quantitative biomedical complexity science. Its special focus is on the applications of nonlinear dynamics and complexity-inspired integrative systems science, to the quantitative modeling and understanding of how structure, function and/or dysfunctions and diseases emerge in complex biomedical matter, systems and processes.
With a large international Editorial Board, the journal offers five different sections:
- Physics of Biological Systems and Their Interactions, under the editorship of Aneta Stefanovska
- Physics of Cancer and Oncology, under the editorship of Jack Tuszynski
- Systems Biology and Dynamical Diseases, under the editorship of Marc-Thorsten Hütt
- Systems Neurosciences and Integrative Brain Research, under the editorship of Viktor Jirsa
- Interdisciplinary Topics, under the editorship of Wlodzimierz Klonowski
In addition to research articles, the journal welcomes review and survey articles, letters and commentaries, as well as proposals for thematic series devoted to specific aspects of its aims and scope.
Two calls for papers on System Biology and Spatiotemporal Patterns and Advances in Neural Population Models and Their Networks have already been issued.